Notes for Sketch#6: Economic Stimulus?
1. To read about the Great Depression from a free market point of view, here is a link to ‘America’s Great Depression‘ by Murray Rothbard.
2. M3 was one the ways America keeps track of the total money supply. It is the most accurate of all of the different money trackers: M0, M1, M2, & M3. In 2006, it was announced that M3 will no longer be published. The following is from John William’s website (www.shadowstats.com) which claims to continue to keep track of the M3, among other government statistics:
3. The formal definition of ‘inflation’ is the increase of the money supply. In doing so, if the amount of goods & services remains constant, our currency devalues…which leads to price inflation. Therefore, the M3 is a very useful indicator of the future of our economy. So why stop publishing it? For a great video explanation of ‘inflation’: http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse/chapter-10-inflation
4. To track the progress of the Stimulus Bill: http://www.recovery.gov/
5. Our 44th President, Barack Obama, is Hawaiian. Our Federal Chairman, Ben Bernanke, is not. (He was born in Georgia.)
6. Is this an economic stimulus? Or is this simply another step towards something terrible?